Studying at the School of Foreign Languages at Bolu Abant İzzet Baysal University takes time and dedication. Some of the reasons be low may help to convince you to choose our English Translation and Interpretation Department, if such persuasion is needed. Some reasons are practical, some aspirational, some intellectual and others sentimental, but whatever your reasons, having a clear idea of why you're studying at BAIBU can help to motivate you in academic career.
Why choosing Bolu Abant İzzet Baysal University, School of Foreign Languages can make a real difference to your future: Because you ---------
Learn from the best
Increase your employability
Earn while you learn
Invest in your future
Get High-quality education and research
Also; Why to choose Bolu Abant İzzet Baysal University
An affordable cost of living
Stunning surroundings and historic sites
Excellent support services for students
A wide range of extra- curricular activities
Literature clearly states the importance of studying foreign languages. Here are some of them;
- Foreign Language study creates more positive attitudes and less prejudice toward people who are different.
- Analytical skills improve when students study a foreign language.
- Business skills plus foreign language skills make an employee more valuable in the marketplace.
- Dealing with another culture enables people to gain a more profound understanding of their own culture.
- Creativity is increased with the study of foreign languages.
- Graduates often cite foreign language courses as some of the most valuable courses in college because of the communication skills developed in the process.
- International travel is made easier and more pleasant through knowing a foreign language.
- Skills like problem solving, dealing with abstract concepts, are increased when you study a foreign language.
- Four out of five new jobs in the World are created as a result of foreign trade.
- Foreign languages provide a competitive edge in career choices: one is able to communicate in a second language.
- Foreign language study enhances listening skills and memory.
- One participates more effectively and responsibly in a multi-cultural world if one knows another language.
- Foreign language study offers a sense of the past: culturally and linguistically.
- The study of a foreign tongue improves the knowledge of one’s own language.
- The study of foreign languages teaches and encourages respect for other peoples: it fosters an understanding of the interrelation of language and human nature.
- Foreign languages expand one’s world view and limit the barriers between people: barriers cause distrust and fear.
- Foreign language study leads to an appreciation of cultural diversity.
- One is at a distinct advantage in the global market if one is as bilingual as possible.
Assoc. Prof. Enver KAPAĞAN
Director of School of Foreign Languages